UnQLite is a in-process software library which implements a self-contained, serverless, zero-configuration, transactional NoSQL database engine. UnQLite is a document store database similar to MongoDB, Redis, CouchDB etc. as well a standard Key/Value store similar to BerkeleyDB, LevelDB, etc.
UnQLite is an embedded NoSQL (Key/Value store and Document-store) database engine. Unlike most other NoSQL databases, UnQLite does not have a separate server process. UnQLite reads and writes directly to ordinary disk files. A complete database with multiple collections, is contained in a single disk file. The database file format is cross-platform, you can freely copy a database between 32-bit and 64-bit systems or between big-endian and little-endian architectures. UnQLite features includes:
- Serverless, NoSQL database engine.
- Transactional (ACID) database.
- Zero configuration.
- Single database file, does not use temporary files.
- Cross-platform file format.
- UnQLite is a Self-Contained C library without dependency.
- Standard Key/Value store.
- Document store (JSON) database via Jx9.
- Support cursors for linear records traversal.
- Pluggable run-time interchangeable storage engine.
- Support for on-disk as well in-memory databases.
- Built with a powerful disk storage engine which support O(1) lookup.
- Thread safe and full reentrant.
- Simple, Clean and easy to use API.
- Support Terabyte sized databases.
- BSD licensed product.
- Amalgamation: All C source code for UnQLite and Jx9 are combined into a single source file.
- Highly available online support.